Learn how to make a quick healthy bowl of potato leek soup with minimal ingredients.
Ingredients (approximate proportions for 2 persons):
Potatoes â€“ About 1 – 1 Â½ cups finely chopped
Leeks â€“ About 1- 1 Â½ cups chopped
Rosemary â€“ 1 spring
Ginger â€“ 2 T peeled and minced
Sour cream/plain yogurt – dollop
Salt â€“ to taste
Water â€“ Â¼ cup or more depending on consistency
Chicken Stock/Vegetable Stock â€“ About 1- 1 Â½ cups
Dry White Wine â€“ Â½ cup
Olive oil â€“ to taste
- Eric used chicken stock but this dish can be made vegetarian by using vegetable stock.
- Potatoes swell and absorb water as they cook, so add a little more water to pot as they cook to replenish the absorbed liquid.
- Limiting factor in cooking time is potatoes. Cut them small and the cooking time will be quicker and blending will be easier.
- The amount of liquid you put in pot depends on thickness you want your soup.
- For a thicker consistency add more potatoes.
- For a thinner consistency add less potatoes and more stock.
- This soup freezes well and can be made a day before serving.