Learn how to make a quick healthy bowl of potato leek soup with minimal ingredients.
Ingredients (approximate proportions for 2 persons):
Potatoes – About 1 – 1 ½ cups finely chopped
Leeks – About 1- 1 ½ cups chopped
Rosemary – 1 spring
Ginger – 2 T peeled and minced
Sour cream/plain yogurt – dollop
Salt – to taste
Water – ¼ cup or more depending on consistency
Chicken Stock/Vegetable Stock – About 1- 1 ½ cups
Dry White Wine – ½ cup
Olive oil – to taste
- Eric used chicken stock but this dish can be made vegetarian by using vegetable stock.
- Potatoes swell and absorb water as they cook, so add a little more water to pot as they cook to replenish the absorbed liquid.
- Limiting factor in cooking time is potatoes. Cut them small and the cooking time will be quicker and blending will be easier.
- The amount of liquid you put in pot depends on thickness you want your soup.
- For a thicker consistency add more potatoes.
- For a thinner consistency add less potatoes and more stock.
- This soup freezes well and can be made a day before serving.